….AND WHILE YOU WAIT ON THIS PERSON BE MAKING A LIST of what you want in that person you will be spending the rest of your life with for better or worst.
What jump-started me on this subject was a post I saw on Facebook the other day. It was from a friend who re-posted it from another friend. As I read it, I knew Sandi had done this very thing in her own life in waiting on her Boaz, for sure. God blessed her with a Godly man who loves God and loves her. This paints a good picture….she said, ”For all you single ladies who are in such a hurry to get married, here’s a quick piece of Biblical advice: Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz. While waiting on YOUR Boaz, don’t settle for ANY of his relatives: Brokeaz, Poaz, Lyinaz, Cheatinaz, Dumbaz, Cheapaz, Lockedupaz Goodfornothinaz, Lazyaz or Marriedaz and especially his third cousin Beatinyoaz. Please, wait on your Boaz & make sure he repects Yoaz!”
Later that day, the subject of marriage came up again in my daily reading in the scripture. In I Cor 7 Paul spoke about whether to be married or staying single. God might be calling you to stay single. How does make you feel right now? I know one thing, if you want to be married one day He is not telling you to be single. The desire will be there or it will not.
While you are waiting, start making a list of what you want in a guy. And don’t be anxious about shopping for “Him”, practice patience as you wait on God. He will lead you in the right direction as you walk forward in your future. This goes for the guys too! Speaking of making a list here are some suggestions to get you started. You can use mine and add yours as you prayerfully work through on it….
10 QUALITIES A GIRL WANTS IN A GUY…
1. Honesty – It’s a no-brainer when HE lies, you run the risk of breaking trust in the a lasting relationship.
2. Sense of humor – Be able to laugh together and at yourself.
3. The ability to protect – Women can stand up for themselves very well, but deep down, we want to be protected.
4. Intelligence – Women want to a man who is smart and has a purpose in life with an occupation. It helps to carry on an intelligent conversation. A friend was asked what’s important for a guy to have? She simply said “a…. J-O-B-“.
5. Loyalty – It shows he’s responsible and the more loyal the more he has a healthy self esteem and it will be in balance.
6. Chivalry – Who says manners are for wimps? Truth is, it makes women feel special when guys go that extra mile. It says he has a respect for women.
7. Manners and hygiene– a guy will treat his lady like a lady if she acts like a lady. Does he dress smart? Neat and clean but not an OCD!!!?
8. Respecting her space– If he “hovers” that is a sign he is looking for someone to be his “mama”, run fast! You don’t need the “needy”. Let him know you like to have friends and see them.
9. Being a friend first– Let him know you want a friend to talk to without being judged and that you both be there for each other, come what may. As a song goes a girl wants, “Part-time lover and a full-time friend…” that sums it up good!
10. Not being clingy and desperate – Guys who try too hard to impress have an agenda and it’s not about you. He might as well have a sign on his forehead saying, “It’s All About ME!”. The last thing you want is him hanging outside your door, nothing wrong if he pursues as long as it doesn’t have a hook in it.
Let me end with this. Someone shared what she was using to lead her in looking out for the right one as she dated. He must have the Three P’s she said. She went on to say as she was waiting for him to come into her life, “he must be my Priest, Protector and Provider”. You are saying, “well good luck he doesn’t insist”. Now hold on, don’t turn me off yet!!! If you use this as your guide you will thank me one day. When a person prays and waits for the right one to come along, you can’t go wrong. You want be “spinning your wheels” later trying to make lemon aid out of lemons, asking yourself, “what have I done?”……. So go enjoy your life and dating and when he does come along, send me an invitation, I love weddings!